1. Neon-Colored Drinks--Animal testing has shown that brominated vegetable oil, a common ingredient in both citrus-flavored flavored sodas and electrolyte-replenishing drinks can cause testicular damage. Bromine has also been connected with impotence and low sex drive in men. So if your guy is a fan, it might be time to get him to cut back.
2. Licorice--Researchers found that men's testosterone levels dropped dramatically when they were given licorice supplements to eat.
3. Forgetting to Floss--Not only does flossing keep your teeth healthy, but men who don't regularly floss their teeth have a higher chance of erectile dysfunction than men who do.
4. Touching Receipts--Okay, this is a bit weird, but a study found that men with higher levels of the chemical bisphenol A (also know as BPA) in their urine had lower sperm counts than men who had lower levels of BPA in their systems. BPA coats about 40 percent of receipts and has also been linked to erectile dysfunction and lower levels of sexual desire in men.
5. Soy--Soy has also been known to trigger feminizing qualities in men, like breast growth and high estrogen levels, as well as decrease men's horniness and erection size.
6. Scented Candles--Using certain candles could have the opposite effect and totally kill a man's libido. An air-quality test on artificially scented candles found that some of them give out a ton of icky substances into the air.
7. Cold Medicine--Over-the-counter cold and flu remedies that contain the chemicals diphenhydramine or pseudoephedrine can have not-so-sexy side effects, including low sex drive and erectile dysfunction.
8. Gin & Tonics--Quinine-the flavoring agent used in tonic water-can cause erectile dysfunction. Other studies show that quinine can also decrease man's testosterone levels.
O.K., maybe the scented candles thing...